Thursday, October 22, 2009


Local Celosia from 9th September Local Miniature Peppers on the stock 25th September.

My dear friend Michelle has asked me to get a move on basically so I will start with the days I have missed or the photos that should have been posted. I always need a little gentle suggestion to get started. It makes you feel wanted...

This has been a strange fall season in NY. The global warming has mother nature laughing at us. In mid October we had early December temperatures. It just reeks havoc on the plants, never mind the humans.

Hanging Amaranthus 25th September. Local Chocolate Sunflower. Good enough to eat, well not actually. I guess I should be careful just incase anyone does try to eat them.

I love the Amaranthus but I am extremely allergic to it. Once it touches my skin I break out in a not so nice itchy rash. The sunflowers on the other hand have no such effect on my skin, I love them. They make you smile and the sun shines from their inner core to the extremities of their petals.
As my wonderful friend Yoko says: "I don't like sunflowers, they are just too damn happy..." I wish I could add in her wonderful Japanese accent, it sounds so much funnier.



28th September Ornamental Cabbage "Cafe Au Lait" Dahlias... drink up.

I am watching the sun set as I type and thinking how lucky I am to be able to share my wonderful world of flowers with, at this moment two great friends. Lets hope one more joins tomorrow. We are working on our Absolutely Wild Facebook page so when that comes up I will be passing that along every human who has a computer.
I also need to find out if there is an easier way to edit the layout. I hate every time I upload a new picture it starts at the first line and not where I left off... aaghhh. Any tips...
Till tomorrow my petals..





























No comments: