Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Monday

 




Another beautiful Monday morning in Manhattan. 53 Degrees and no wind. So now that I can upload pics directly from my Iphone the market wanderings have even more importance to yours truly. Here a some of todays stand outs.

I just love the texture of the long stemmed Artichokes.

These local brilliant orange Dahlias are really beautiful. However I think the season is coming to an end. It will all depend on Mother Nature.



I have had the chance to travel to South Africa when I was teenager and the King Protea's have always been a favorite of mine. I love the structure of the petals and at the same time the softness of the interior.


This is for those who care to stop and enjoy. Many people rush by the flower market and if the care to take a moment they will find many unusual things below there feet or at least under there noses.

But isn't that always the truth.

I could not resist this amazing garden rose called "Capriccion". Unlike many other garden roses this one seems to hold up longer than most. I guess for many this looks like a golden cabbage rose. It certainly is big enough.











Below you will find my surprise of the day: Tree Peonies. They look like roses but they are not. They come very short and very expensive. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. That is it for today folks. Take care P.


No comments: